Friday, November 16, 2012

Review: Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine


4.5 Stars


For years, the human and vampire residents of Morganville, Texas, have managed to co-exist in peace. But now that the threat to the vampires has been defeated, the human residents are learning that the gravest danger they face is the enemy within… 

Thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have been freed of their usual constraints. With the vampires indulging their every whim, the town’s human population is determined to hold on to their lives by taking up arms. But college student Claire Danvers isn’t about to take sides, considering she has ties to both the humans and the vampires.

To make matters worse, a television show comes to Morganville looking for ghosts, just as vampire and human politics collide. Now, Claire and her friends have to figure out how to keep the peace without ending up on the nightly news…or worse.

Purchase your copy today at Amazon.com 

   My thoughts; 

You can not be serious?!? Did it just end like that??? 

  When I started this book I was convince that I had read somewhere that this was the final installment in this series. I started reading this series a couple of years ago and have been hooked ever since. I fell so deeply in love with these characters that even when I didn't particularly care for one of the books I still loved it. 

    "I have been anticipating this book, not just because I am so attached to this series but also because I did think it was the final one. I went into it ready to say goodbye, ready to leave it behind with so many other series that I have loved and still hold dear to my heart." 

   But now? Now I am wondering if this was really the end...... surely there is MORE. I feel, I feel.... UGH!!!! I have always said that Rachel Caine is the queen of cliffhangers and THIS proves it. I have searched the internet before typing this up to see if I could find even just a whisper about a future book. I have found nothing. I want more, I NEED more. I don't know if I can live with this being THE END.

  Fans of this series who have yet to read..... get ready!!! Those who have yet to start it, I promise you, it is worth it. For a book to totally consume you and turn you into an emotional wreck, well let's just say that is the work of a very gifted author. And if this is the final book and I am left with so much "What happens now?" I will forever hold these books and these characters in my heart. And hey, I can always go back to the beginning and live this story all over again.....right?  *sniff*



1 comment:

  1. UPDATE!!!! I was able to find out the following concerning this series. There is a total of 15 books for this series. Book 14 being FALL OF NIGHT due out May 2013 and the final Book 15 DAYLIGHTERS due out December 2013

    ReplyDelete