5 StarsWaking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.
Evelyn Thomas's plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.
One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll's favourite son is sure to be a wild ride
Selena's Thoughts; Ok, so you all know I love Kylie Scott right? And you all know that her books Flesh and Skin are two of my most favorite books ever, right? Well, this book has pretty much sealed my love for her into a full on girly crush.... not like that get your heads outta the gutter!!! I am talking the kind of crush a girl gets on an author after she creates the most yummtastic man ever, yep THAT kind.
I knew before I started reading this book I was gonna love it (please refer to aforementioned love fest). Kylie has a way of sucking her readers into the story and making them wish it would never end. I loved this book from page one.
Evelyn wakes up on the bathroom floor feeling like death and right in front of her is the most beautiful man she has ever seen and she has NO CLUE who he is..... SURPRISE!!! David Ferris stands before her the picture of perfection and every woman's fantasy. And again she has NO CLUE who he is. But she is soon going to find out that not EVERYTHING that happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Taking this journey of getting to know you was truly rocking. I can't wait til book two in this series and I keeping my fingers crossed that it is about who I how it is *ohpleaseohpleaseohplease*
Want an excerpt?? Of course you do!!!!
He angled his head and kissed me, his lips firm and so good. My eyes closed and my mouth opened. The taste of him took me over. The mint of his toothpaste and the slide of his tongue against mine. All of it was past perfect. He lay me back against the stairs. The new bruise at the back of my head throbbed in protest when I bumped it yet again. I flinched but didn’t stop. David cupped the back of my skull, guarding against further injury.
The weight of his body held me in place, not that I was trying to escape. The edge of the steps pressed into my back and I could care less. I’d have happily lain there for hours with him above me, the warm scent of his skin making me high. His hips held my legs wide open. If not for my jeans and his towel things would get interesting fast. God, I hated cotton just then.
We didn’t once break the kiss. My legs wrapped around his waist and my hands curved around his shoulders. Nothing had ever felt this good. The ache in me for him increased and caught fire, spreading right through me. My legs tightened around him, muscles burning. I couldn’t get close enough. Talk about frustrating. His mouth moved over my jaw and down my neck, lighting me up from inside. He bit and licked, finding sensitive spots below my ear and in the crook of my neck. Places I hadn’t known I had. The man had magic. He knew things I didn’t. Where he’d learned his tricks didn’t matter. Not right then.
“Up,” he said in a rough voice. Slowly he stood, one hand beneath my ass and the other still protecting my skull.
“David.” I scrambled to tighten my hold on his back.
“Hey.” He drew back just enough to look into my eyes. His pupils were huge, almost swallowing the sky-blue iris whole. “I am not going to drop you. That’s never going to happen.”
I took a deep breath. “Okay.”
“You trust me?”
“Good.” His hand slid down my back. “Now put your arms around my neck
About the Author:
Kylie is a long time fan of erotic love stories and B-grade horror films. She demands a happy ending and if blood and carnage occur along the way then all the better. Based in Queensland, Australia with her two children and one delightful husband, she reads, writes and never dithers around on the internet.
Author Posting -- 12 Fun Facts About Kylie Scott
For these fun facts about me, I thought I would take the opportunity to set the record straight. The thing is, LICK is entirely based upon my real life experiences. Let me now prove this...
1. I once dated a guitarist. Okay, it was only for about five minutes. But he was really hot and he had a tattoo and everything.
2. I play guitar. I’ll have you know I do a rockin’ rendition of “Closer to Fine” by the Indigo Girls. Only rarely do I forget half the lyrics and what chord comes next.
3. I’ve experienced the stifling loneliness and the weight of expectation that comes with having a fan. This one time at a romance reader’s convention, a woman knew who I was and was quite excited to meet me.
4. I have experience with stalking. It has yet to be legally proven that I then stalked said female fan insisting she never read anyone else but me.
You’re not buying any of this, are you? Fair enough. Let’s try again... some fun facts about me.
5. I’ve always been obsessed with books and music. Eskimo Joe, Ani Di Franco, and Kings of Leon are some of my fave music artists. Recently, “Reapers Property” by Joanna Wylde, and “Sweet Dreams” by Kristen Ashley most recently in the books department. Because guys that ride motorcycles are hot. RAWR.
6. My favourite colour is blue. Basically everything I own is blue. This makes shopping and getting dressed pretty damn easy.
8. I love tattoos and am currently working on a half-sleeve.
9. I’ve been a secretary, bartender, nanny, housekeeper, shop-assistant, and a florist. Being a writer is the best job by far.
10. Whenever my husband busts me looking at male models I get to tell him it is for “research”. (Note: I’m not saying he believes me.) This is why being a romance writer rocks.
11. People that read and write romance are some of the best damn people in the whole wide world. This is another reason why being a romance writer rocks.
12. Clowns scare me. It’s probably a Stephen King thing. I dunno. But seriously, they look freaky, right? Tell me I’m not alone with this.
Thank you Kylie for stopping by the blog today and even bigger thanks for continuing to WOW me with your stories!!!
Kylie is offering an eCopy of Lick to one lucky person. All you need to do is hop over to her Facebook LIKE it and then leave a comment here (or under the posting on facebook) letting me know you did :-) I will select a random winner from the comments. Winner will be announced July 17th!! Good Luck Everyone and as always.....
Happy Reading!! :-)