Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday w/ Review: Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at shouldbe reading! To participate all you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(make sure you don’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Confession time-- I kinda don't follow the Teaser Tuesday rules. I only post snippets I have read. I am a total freak when reading and I never ever like to look ahead in a book. So most of the time, my teasers have been handpicked from parts I have already read. *blushes*

I will be doing something a little different for todays Teaser Tuesday. I have decided to post my review of Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy) after the teasers. It was so good I just cant wait!!!
 Due to sexual content and heavy subject matter, this book (and blog post) is recommended for ages 18+
Publication Date: January 15, 2013
Book #2 of the 'This Man' Trilogy.


5+ Stars

She knew she was heading towards disaster. Every instinct told her to run, but Jesse Ward was a hard man to escape.

It has been five days’ since Ava O’Shea left Jesse drunk and raging at Lusso – left behind a man who drowned her in his intensity and blindsided her with his touch. Getting over this man was never going to be easy.

And now he’s back in her life.

She has questions that she needs answering, but her determination to get these answers will give the pleasure-seeking playboy the power to destroy her again. She needs to keep her eyes wide open and caution at the forefront of her mind - an ambitious intention when Jesse Ward is within touching distance.
And he plans to be.

He’s dark, he’s broken – Ava knows this, but the only way to find out how dark and how broken is to get beneath the steely exterior of this man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘You’re mine, and mine alone, baby. Just for my eyes, just for my touch and just for my pleasure. Just mine. Do you understand me?’
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 'You completely consume me, Ava. I can’t function without you. I’m totally addicted to you, baby.’ His voice is soft and unsure. My confident, domineering ex-playboy is nervous. ‘You own me. XXX XXX.’ (edited of SPOILER)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just for Fun




   My thoughts; I am completely and totally crazy mad in love with this series! I have literally been force feeding it to all of my book group girls and I have had a few takers. One is in love and wants to know where to find one of 'This Man' the other is infuriated with our Mr. Ward and her verdict is still out. I can't wait for them to finish book one and move on to this one.

  I fell hard for Jesse in book one. I found myself talking out loud to Ava on numerous occasions. Begging her to just say what she is thinking. And I found myself feeling the same way while reading this book. Why Ava? Why do you beg him to talk to you, but you can not open up to him?? I found myself getting so mad with Jesse because I knew he was lying to her or at the very least holding back.

  I am not  even going to deny that parts of this book tore my heart out. I also will not deny that parts of it made me fighting mad. I had to put the book down and remind myself that a certain hussy (who shall reman nameless) was a fictional character and I could not kick her ass. *deep cleansing breaths* I have a few theories where Ava's new 'pain in the arse' client and a current client are concerned but I will keep them to myself. I shall prepare my 'told ya so' for another day. 

  I am making it my personal mission to get every single person I know to read this book before the next book is released months-ish from now. 

ISH!!!!! *frustrated wail*


Happy Reading!! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment