Wednesday, September 26, 2012

South of Bixby Bridge by Ryan Winfield

1 Star


About to turn 30 and being discharged from drug rehab, Trevor Roberts is sure he's hit bottom with nowhere to go but up. He soon learns that sometimes the "bottom" is just the beginning. With more twists than California's Highway 1, the intimate narrative follows a young man on a wild month-long ride to the dizzying, drunken heights of Napa Valley excess where he falls fast for his new boss's intoxicating wife and becomes entangled in a strange threesome affair. But things soon begin to unravel as Trevor is drawn into a secret world of sex and scandal, only to have his lust for success drag him down again through a phantasmagoria of hedonistic hell.

Amazon.com description

9/17/12
Thoughts before reading; I am going to be 100% honest. This book was a side ad on facebook one day. I saw the pic and thought, "Hmmmm, who is this wavy haired hotty with his hair blowing in the breeze?" I read the description and thought I would give it a try.........

****

9/21/12
My after thoughts; Ok I don't like doing bad reviews so I am gonna make this as quick and painless as possible.

  I tried. I really did, but I could not get through this book. The inability to get into the story was the main problem. I feel like some major editing and it could have improved by miles. The use of quotation marks, or rather the lack thereof, had me so confused sometimes as to whether the character was thinking to himself or actually speaking aloud. Sentences were short and choppy, had they been combined it would have made it flow so much better. And lastly, I feel that it was way over priced for and ebook. I have purchased books but more well known authors who have topped the chart in sales for lots less......


Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment