Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Friends with Partial Benefits by Luke Young

3.5 Stars

(Friends with...Benefits series book 1)

Jillian Grayson is a disillusioned divorcée and best-selling romance novelist who suddenly can't write a chapter without her hunky male heartthrob suffering ED, an STD, or even worse. Brian Nash is a tennis-obsessed college senior who's unlucky in love and the roommate and best friend of Jillian's son, Rob. When Rob brings Brian home for Spring Break, and Brian meets the surprisingly young and tennis passionate Jillian, their shared interest quickly develops into an intense mutual attraction. After nearly giving in to their feelings, they hatch a plan, while under the influence (of something more than just the perfect Miami night), to be Friends With Partial Benefits, complete with rules to define the boundaries. Will the lonely pair continue with this distinctive relationship, actually explore their desires, or discover all of it is a really bad idea?
Amazon.com description

8/31/12
My thoughts before reading; Tara Sivec, author of Seduction and snacks, had this book as recommendation on her facebook page. Since I almost PMSL reading S&S I thought, "This has to be good!" And being that I am kinda in mourning for another series I am thinking a light and funny read might just be the perfect medicine for my broken heart.........

****
9/4/12
My after thoughts; I will start out by saying this was a really fun read. The characters were very easy to love and I enjoyed every single minute of this book. However, I went into it expecting a laugh out loud experience and I did not get it. It is a light and entertaining read with lots of sexy times. But the comedy aspect wasn't really there for me.
And now we shall take a little trip into my brain and you will learn why I named my blog "Lost-In-Thought". Because there are two trains of thought going on up there at the moment and I am starting to develop a slight headache..........

  As I am sitting and typing this review I can't help my thoughts from wandering to the following statement made on Amazon.com......
Please note that this is a less explicit version of another currently available novel. For more information please see the author page.
 So, I went in search of the more explicit book and found the following;
Young also writes "spicier" books under the pen name Ian Dalton. If you like your sexy comedy heavy on the sexy, be sure to check out Dalton's Victoria Wilde series. For more information on how Ian Dalton's Victoria Wilde series relates to the Friends With...Benefits series please see the "Who Is Ian Dalton" area of his website. http://lukeyoungbooks.com/who-is-ian-dalton/


 This book was also released in 2011, several months after to the original FWPB. So I can't help but be curious as to whether or not the only difference is the amount of sexual content. I am now on a mission to find someone who has read both versions. And I am also torn as to whether to continue this series as written by Young or Dalton. I guess it all comes down to how much raunch I am in the mood for. And being that I post EVERYTHING I read right here for you guys to see, I guess you all will also know what type of mood I was in. *blushes*




Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment