Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

5+ Stars
(Slammed book 1)
Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. 
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after a heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the force that keeps them apart. 


Amazon.com description


6/24/12
My thoughts before reading; I am once again trusting my girls. This has been recommended by several, and if I am keeping my recommendations straight, I do believe I was promised butterflies..... 

****
6/26/12
  My After thoughts; No questions asked, I have the best girlfriends on the planet! This is hands down one of the best YA books I have read all year. And quite frankly it could be one of the best overall books of the year.
  This book had all the angst I love, it had all the heartache I adore, it even had some of the catty teenage drama I am quite fond of, albeit very little. But most of all it has a beautiful story. I was so drawn to the characters. Both are grown up and coping with their lives quite well. Neither are the total hot mess that most angsty dramas have. The only thing in the way of these two and their happily ever after, is life itself.


You find yourself reading along and then, BAM!, your jaw drops and you are suddenly having a 'out loud WTF conversation' with your ereader. Yes, the conversation is somewhat one-sided but you are having it just the same. You are fumbling for your cell phone so you can text that girlfriend who has already read it because unlike the a fore mentioned ereader, she will respond.

Now, about the Slam. I loved it! I have never really been a poetry girl. I have seen the 'slam poetry' in a few movie but never knew what it was called. It is so awsome.

If you would like to see one of Colleen's poems from Slammed being preformed follow this link "The Lake" (posted On Colleenhoover.com)

Now, go, hurry, read the book and fall in love the same way I did.

Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment