Monday, July 9, 2012

Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent

4.5 Stars
(Soul Screamers book 6)

I died on a Thursday—killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul.
The good news? He didn't get it.
The bad news? Turns out even death can't get you out of high school.
Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.

But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life….

Amazon.com description


6/27/12
My thoughts before reading; This is another one I have been waiting on for what seems like forever. I was late coming to the Soul Screamers party. I had the most awful luck finding all of the books. But finally I had them and once I read them I was hooked. And who would have guess that I would have switched teams during the last two books, I mean how did, Nash that swoon worthy boy I fell in such like with suddenly lose all of my affections..... well I am not going to tell you! What if you haven't read the books? I would have spoiled the whole story............................
****
7/3/12
  My after thoughts; It took me a little longer to get through this book than normal. I just had to keep stopping for this reason or that reason. But, as soon as I could sit down and give it my full and undivided attention, I sailed right through. I love Kaylee and the whole crew (pause to say Tod *swoon*) they have a way of getting into your heart and staying there, even Sabine and Sophie who should really get T-shirts saying "B!tch 2 and B!tch 2" have wormed their way in. 
  I am really at a loss as to how to type up this review. I feel that anything I say will give away some detail. You are hit with one thing after another while reading, there is never a moment when something isn't happening. What may seem insignificant one moment is suddenly and important fact later. I was so glad to see a little bit of "my Nash" back. We lost sight of him in the last few books and it was great to see him coming back. I will never love him again as I once did but he definitely holds a big spot in my heart. 
  I don't really know how I feel about the ending, I am quite torn TBH. On one hand I have excruciating pain and infuriating anger. And on the other hand I feel like I should be happy, but I don't want to be. I am hurt and I don't like the way it ended. I am going to be on pins and needles waiting for the finale!!!

Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment