Friday, June 29, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

5+ Stars
(A Lux Novel book 1)

When seventeen-year-old Katy Swartz moved to West Virginia right before her senior year, she’d pretty much resigned herself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring, but then she spotted her hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up…until he opened his mouth. Daemon Black is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. It’s hate at first sight, but when a stranger attacks her and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. The hot guy next door? Well, he’s an alien. Turns out that Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities and Katy is caught in the crosshairs. Daemon’s touch has lit her up like the Vegas Strip and the only way she’s getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until her alien mojo fades. That is if she doesn’t kill him first.

Amazon.com description

6/19/12
My thoughts before reading; I have read only two books that were about aliens. I am Number Four, which was ok but TBH, I enjoyed the movie more. And The Host, which IMO was kind of an Epic Fail. It literally took me a full year to finish it. I could not get into it at all. but i also just couldn't NOT finish. So here is the deal. I saw the cover to this book and was all, "Huh, those are some nice eyes ya got there Dude." Then I read the description and I said to myself, "OK, lets save this one for a rainy day." Well I am currently waiting on a couple of books that will release on June 26th, so I figure I will give it a shot. If it isn't all that great I can drag out the read until next Tuesday, OR, if it is great I will be finding something else to keep me occupied.........

****
6/21/12
My after-thoughts;  Give me a moment to collect myself............................

Holy swarm of butterflies Batman! Seriously? OMG, do you see all that nonsense I said before I read this? Well, I am currently kicking myself for not reading this book immediately after adding it to my TBR list. It is insanely good.

Katy is just a typical girl next door. She lives with her Mom who works two jobs. She never causes any trouble. She has a perfect 4.0. Her biggest worry in the world is when she is going to be able to update her blog. UNTIL she meets the not at all typical boy next door. He is rude and arrogant and obnoxious and, and, ugh!!! Did I mention he is the most gorgeous guy Katy has ever seen? Daemon, is repellent! He does everything in his power to make Katy hate him, and he is really, really good at being an ass. Dee is Daemon's twin sister, she is also Katy's new best friend. She the complete opposite of Daemon she is kind and caring and would do anything to help out a friend. The closer Dee and Katy's friendship becomes the bigger douche bag Daemon becomes. And the more of a douche he is the more I loved him. (I have decided I should seek a therapist about this, lol)

I was completely sucked in by this story. Right now, as I type, it is 7:55 am. I finished this book at 3:00 am. I woke up with the thought in my head to pick the book back up only to remember I was done. *sniff* Instead, I promptly jumped on good reads, updated my status, went to the authors page, became a fan, found Onyx (book 2) under her book list, broke down a little when I saw I had to wait til August and then put it at the top of my TBR. Needless to say, I think I am in love.

Happy Reading!! :-)


2 comments: