Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephans

5 Stars

(Thoughtless #1)

For almost two years now, Kiera’s boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she’s ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he’s purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes…and none of them will ever be the same.



Amazon.com description


My thoughts; I would like to start this one by saying, this is a self-pub book. There are a lot of grammatical errors and the general need for editing BUT......

Holy Cow! I loved it! Keira is young and in love with Denny. Who is the perfect boyfriend in every way. He has his whole life planned out. He is hard working to a fault and he loves her immensely. You just know these two will be together for the rest of their lives. But then life itself gets in the way. Denny is called away for two months and Keira is left alone to try and deal with the over-whelming sense that his job will always come first. Enter, Kellan Kyle. Oh Kellan, sweetie, you had me at 'Mornin'. (I know.... shameless Jerry McGuire reference, don't judge me!) He comes to the rescue, keeping Keira from totally turning zombie in Denny's absence. Their friendship quickly forms and there is no looking back. I wish I could say that all goes smoothly, Denny returns everyone is happy, sun shining, birds chirping and all that. Well what kind of angsty drama would it be then??? There is love and loss and yearning and heartache and pain and then love again and loss again and yearning again.....well you get the idea. What do you do when you heart is torn between two men? How do you leave one for the other without someone getting crushed? Well, quite simply, YOU CANT! I knew from the beginning who she should choose. My heart kept yelling at me, HIM...HIM. But then the brain takes over and you start thinking. Thinking can be cruel. I love Denny he gave up everything to be with her and he loves her with everything he is. She is his heart. I also love Kellan, he is vulnerable and wild and reckless and he also loves her with everything he is. And Keira, oh Keira, I am so sorry honey. You know I love you but, yes, I did call you a dirty skank a time or two and when you get yelled at in the rain....part of me smiled. I am so sorry, but you kind of deserved it just a little. Forgive me??

Starting Effortless now. Can't wait to see where the charaters go from here.
P.S. There are some pretty cool side characters as well.......enjoy! And as always


Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment