Monday, August 20, 2012

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

 3.5 Stars

(Love #1)

Ryan Christensen just wanted to be an actor. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever think he'd become the most sought after film star on the planet. Taryn Mitchell has been feigning contentment while running the family pub in Seaport, Rhode Island. Her peaceful life is tossed upside down when Ryan tries to outrun a group of fans by taking a shortcut through Mitchell's Pub. 


Amazon.com description  





My thoughts before reading; This was another goodreads recommendation......

****

My after thoughts; I wanna give this book a solid 4 stars, I was totally taken in but the story that I literally could not put it down unless I absolutely had too. But, there were a few things that annoyed me while reading so.....UGH... I hate when I have an awesome review all worked out in my head but I feel the need to say something negative. Ok, here goes.....

  I really can not think of one thing about the story itself that I do not like. I fell in love with the characters right away and my feelings did not change throughout the book. I will confess to having a slight obsession with a certain actor who could have very easily been the inspiration for Ryan's character. Having said that, I really enjoyed seeing the author take the "fantasy persona" we all put on our favorite actors and have it stripped away and all that is left is just a regular guy just trying to have a regular life. She made you fall in love with the man not the character he portrays. This was a fantastic love story with lots of ups and downs. When I read the last sentence I was very proud to know that there is another book coming. Because I am not ready to say goodbye to theses characters.

  Now the hard part. The writing is very, I don't know the word I am looking for. Raw, maybe? There were several moments when I felt like the story was repeating itself. The characters would be having conversation and I would think, "Ok, I know she is having insecurity issues but why are we doing this...again?" I know it is important to the story for it to be brought up more than once but it was bordering overkill, IMO. This was a fairly long book (659 pages), I never felt myself getting bored with it but it did feel a little drawn out. This is the only factor that keeps me from giving this book a solid 4 and maybe even a 4.5. The other thing that annoyed me, and this is purely my own personal weirdness showing, is the excessive use of exclamation points. I am quirky, ok it is just one of my many flaws *winks*


Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment