Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fate by Amanda Hocking

3.5/4 Stars

(My Blood Approves book 2)

Alice Bonham thinks she's finally found a balance in her life between the supernatural and real life with her brother Milo. Jack - her sorta vampire boyfriend - keeps her at arm's length to keep her safe. As for his brother Peter... she's not sure where he's at, or what he wants with her. Worse still, she's not even sure what she wants with Peter. When tragedy happens, Alice finds herself struggling with a terrible choice. Her decision has consequences that reach farther than she'd ever imagined...

Amazon.com description




8/18/12
My thoughts before reading;  I really enjoyed book 1 contrary to some bad reviews. I am looking forward to seeing how the story continues......
****

8/20/12
My after thoughts; I really am enjoying this series but I can't help but want more. I feel like the story has potential to be really awesome but so far it hasn't gotten there yet.
  I want want to see more focus on the relationship between Alice and the other characters. I want that heart pounding feeling to come across on the page. I feel like the readers are spending so much time alone with Alice and her thoughts that it makes it difficult to truly feel the way she feels with these boys who have turned her heart upside down. I also felt that the conflict in this story could have been what made this book really great, but it was not written as a focus point so it took a back seat. I don't know a lot about this author or any of her other work but I can't help but feel she is holding back. Sometimes taking a risk is exactly what the story needs

  I have already started the next book in this series. She left me with a cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers!! All in all this is a really good series (so far). And you all know me I do not let the little things sway me. If I enjoy the story I will continue to read.

Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment