Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready, teaser week 5 (last one!)


Check out http://www.jerismithready.com/



How could I leave him to go back home? It scared me to need anyone so much. If our souls became inextricably tangled, would mine still be mine? Did I care?

Zachary leaned in, and I thought he was going to kiss me. Instead he pressed his cheek to mine and held it there. It felt more intimate than a kiss.

"What did you say to me before?" I asked him. "[...] In Gaelic."

He sat back and looked away. "Oh. That. There's no exact translation."

"But roughly?"

Zachary rubbed his lips, as if to keep them closed. "Naw, you'll think it's too much."

"Not possible."

His gaze came at an angle, slightly guarded but full of hope. "It means 'soul mate.'"

His words made my world spin faster. We weren't the type to believe in destiny or soul mates or anything that took away our choices. But sitting here, seeing the gazebo's glistening white lights dance in his eyes, I could believe in our magic.





*Note, all teasers posted here were copied from the authors blog. They are the sole property of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment