JR Ward signing for Lover Reborn
Barnes & Noble in Cinci
March 31, 2012
I want to start out by saying, I have never been to a book signing of any kind. Had never really had a urge to go to one. BUT, can I just say that as soon as I got home I grabbed my bucket list scribbled in, "Go to JR Ward book signing" into the number one position and then promptly crossed it off. I can now pass unto the fade a happy girl!
To start my journey to Cinci I need to take you back in time several months. I got a recommendation for the Black Dagger Brotherhood series in early August of 2011. I said to myself, "Well, you don't have anything else to read so...why not?" I started with Dark Lover, which all true fans simply refer to as Wrath. I was so captivated that as soon as I finished, I downloaded book 2 Lover Eternal aka Rhage. Let me just say this, Rhage is not my favorite male but he is pretty awesome. So thus leads to my BDB obsession. I was (I think) reading Zsadist or Lover Awakened to the non-BDB savvy readers, when I saw that a facebook friend had "liked" JR Ward. So I clicked on over and "liked" it as well. Let me tell you it was like I had been living all my life with the wrong species and I suddenly found myself amongst my own kind. It was great!! I got aquainted with several of the girls and was later invited to their online book club and immediately I was surrounded by all these women who have such passion for books and I can obsess with for hours and they do not think I am even remotely strange, I was finally home.
Fast forward to early March 2012, several of the girls were all discussing the signing and making the trip to Cinci and the more they would talk the more I wanted to go. It was eating me and so finally I said, "Let's do this!" I talked with a couple of the girls and I soon had everything worked out so the trip was possible. I had a room already reserved, Thank you Gloria!! I had a ride to the Barnes & Noble, Thank You Angie!! And I had my flight booked, Thank You Orbitz.com!!! Then I had but to wait 3 weeks and..........
|CINCI here I come!!!|
My flight landed in Cinci around 2:30 pm and after the longest shuttle ride in history I was FINALLY at the hotel. The women from my book club who were staying at the same hotel met me down stairs an we all had a drink and talked BDB.
|Pictured counter-clockwise; Alice, Me, Angie, Gloria, Michelle, Penny|
After lots and lots of laughter we head out to scope the B&N then have dinner. We go to a popular chain restaurant which shall remain nameless *coughRubyTuesday'scoughcough* at which we had the worst dinner experience of all time. Most of us ended up without having to pay which was great. Women who may or may not be packing black daggers can be dangerous *snickers* We returned to the hotel for showers and bed, it would be an early morning for the signing. Have to get in line early to get a spot, which was very evident later in the day. Upon coming out of the shower I noticed someone had joined me.....
Is that John Matthew in my bed?? Why yes it is my male :-)
Try as I might I could not make my excited mind settle enough for sleep, so after lots of tossing and turning I was up and ready to go before the sun. We all met downstairs and headed off to B&N.
|5 am in Cinci was just a bit nippy! And look who forgot her jacket. Brrrr|
Pictured left to right; Amy, Gloria, Marjorie, Johna, Penny, Me and Angie
After we stood in line, freezing for a couple of hours we had our number and were off to find some breakfast....
|IHOP anyone? |
Pictured top left clockwise; Gloria, Amee, Chris aka Amee's Mom and Me
After getting our books signed we headed back to where the Q&A would be held.
And then we all played around and had a little fun. While we waited for the signing to be over...
|Me and the girls again|
|That Amee and Alice, always trying to keep me from John Matthew|
Soon it was time for the Q&A
|Yay....it's time! An looky who is in the front row there on the end.... Me!!!|
|Getting ready, mic on and everything. But I kinda think she knew |
we were anxiously awaiting the answer to THE question.
|I wonder who it is..... Qhuinn and Blay..... AHH YAAAAY!!! |
She is giving all the cred to her publisher for making it possible
Now I am going to take a few of my favorite questions from the Q&A and post them for you all to read.....
Question will be posted in bold with the answer in Italics
- Who's next?? Qhuinn and Blay (and the crowd goes wild)
- What will the name of the book be? (her publisher would not let her say) It won't be Lover goes down. *laughs*
- Why was there no mention of the bonding scent in Reborn? A male only bonds with one female. If he loses that female it doesn't mean he can't love another. But he will only ever bond with one. It doesn't mean he loves the new female any less only that the bonding only happens once.
- Will the shadows get a book? Yes they will and there will be controversy over who Trez mates.
- Will Layla and Xcor be together? What do you think?
- When will we get the baby novella's? It will not be until after Quinn and Blay
- Will Saxton get his HEA? She will not answer (reaction to question makes us feel like he will die) Then she says, You guys suck!! Well actually that is his job *laughs*
- Where is Qhuinn's brother? She says the questions isn't WHERE but WHAT is Qhuinn's brother, then says we will see him again.
- Coffin's in the closet, what's up with them? She said she thinks it is the original brothers brought over from the old country.
- What about Lash? We will probably see him again
- Will Qhuinn and Blay both get the other's name carved into their backs? She will not answer this directly. She says that laws have to be rewritten and that Saxton is essentially writing the way for Qhuinn and Blay to be together.
- Will Lassiter get his own book? Yes but she doesn't know if it will be a BDB or FA book.
- What was your favorite scene in Reborn? She said she has several, one is when Lassiter is standing at the bar singing Or-gasm, Or-gasm. And also when Lassiter brings the Big Mac's at the end. And she likes that Tohr's HEA broke the traditional storyline.
I hope you have all enjoyed reading about my trip as much as I enjoyed being there. Feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer any that I can.
Happy Reading!! :-)