Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers Series, book 1)

4 Stars


She doesn't see dead people, but…
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…


Description from Amazon.com


My Thoughts; I have wanted to read this series for about a year or so, but no mater how hard I tried I could not find the first few books, I was out of things to read and had started thinking about this series again. I had decided to look on line but just hadn't done it (procrastinator alert). Well I was in the local bookstore (I say local but it is like a 30 min drive to the nearest one here, this makes me very sad) and I saw the 3rd book, My Soul to Keep, and thought "What the hey! I will give it one more try" and they had every one! I was so excited I bought all 4, brought them home and proceeded to sit them on my shelf, where the stayed for another 6 months (again procrastinate much?) due to the fact that another series had caught my attention. And for those who check regularly you know which series that was, but, I'm off the point.

I started reading this book mid week last week and I was instantly hooked. I would have sailed through it but life tends to seriously cut into my reading time. Anyway, I had read the back of the first book....(pausing to explain, I NEVER read the back of any of the other books in a series because I feel they may give something away)... and I knew there was going to be questions, "What is Kaylee?" being number one. And in the interest of my non-spoilage rule I will not say. Although, if I write a review for the next book I will probably mention it.

Ok, rundown...go...I love Kaylee, great personality, not a whiny kid type although she does have a few "typical teenager moments". Nash is just yummy, he seems much older than he is but for understandable reason and I just know there is more to come with his story. Emma (the obligatory bestie) is great, we don't get to know her fully in this book because she is grounded for a while, due to something that happens early on, but, what you do get to know of her you love. Sophie (the I'm to popular to care, cousin) well my description kinda sums it up. And then there is Tod (won't say what he is either) but I think he has potential to be a heart breaker. And then the adults, who always seem to be way more dysfunctional than all the teens combined. Go figure. All in all a great book and as soon as I hit publish I will be off to start on the next.


Happy Reading!! :-)

2 comments: