Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


                                                  3.5/ 5 stars                                                
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and every one's out for blood.
Description from Amazon.com


  My Thoughts; After anticipating the book for so long, I had built it up so high in my head that once I started I had to set it down for a little bit to get my mind in order. I absolutely LOVE everything about the Vampire Academy series. That being said I went into this thinking, okay, I am going to get to spend copious amounts of time with these people I having been missing dearly since the final book of VA. Well I was wrong... however...Adrian is a big factor in the book and that raised my spirits. I am just having a hard time adjusting to Sydney's POV. During the story she starts to feel as if she is becoming friends with the Moroi, but, she is still afraid. (I can't relate to this). I did enjoy the story, I gave it a 3.5 based on the difficulty I had transitioning from one series to the next. I will add this... Richelle Mead guaranteed I will pick up the next book simply by typing  the very last sentence. I will not spoil it... go read for yourself ;)
The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment