Thursday, November 10, 2011

Covet: A Fallen Angels Novel by JR Ward

4 Stars

Redemption isn't a word Jim Heron knows much about-his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charge with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option. Vin DiPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he's good with that-until fate intervenes in the form of a tough- talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart-and he has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul.

Description from Amazon.com

My Thoughts; First, I feel I must express how much I have fell in love with the way Ward puts her pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, whatever). She has very easily become one of my favorite authors. That being said here is the 411 on Covet.


The book for me started kinda slow. It didn't completely suck me in from page one like The Brotherhood did but a couple chapters in and I was hooked. The setting is Caldwell, NY (which I am seriously considering a vacation to). There are also characters that we met in the BDB series and I loved getting more of their story. Marie-Terese is a exceptional human being that has been forced into a really terrible situation by life's circumstance. Vin is the typical, If-I-want-it-I-will-buy-it type of guy. He is trying so hard to escape his childhood he doesn't realize he isn't living. And Jim, bless his heart, he just wants to do right but in most cases he is clueless. He needs to learn so much. And luckily we have two "Happy Helpers" that come along to show him the ropes. I have a feeling we will become fast friends. ;) The WARDen has a way of writing characters. I fall head over heels for the "good guys", and completely despise the "bad guys" and my sixth sense usually helps me pick out the bad apple even when it isn't blatantly obvious. I can't wait to read the next two in this series. I think they are just going to get better with each passing book!

Happy Reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment