Saturday, October 15, 2011

Twisted by Gena Showalter

5 Stars

His vampire girlfriend might have brought him back to life, but he's never felt more out of control. There's a darkness within him, something taking over…changing him. Worse, because he was meant to die, death now stalks him at every turn. Any day could be his last.
Once upon a time, the three souls trapped inside his head could have helped him. He could have protected himself. But as the darkness grows stronger, the souls grow weaker—just like his girlfriend. The more vampire Aden becomes, the more human Victoria becomes, until everything they know and love is threatened.
Life couldn't get any worse. Could it?

Description from Amazon.com

My Thoughts; When my baby sister brought me the book "Intertwined" I was all, "Ok, I don't know if this sounds like something I want to read", but she highly recommended it and she has pretty good judgement when it comes to my book taste so I jumped right in. LOVED it, then "Unraveled" came out... loved it MORE. Cut to me eagerly awaiting "Twisted". Yay!! It is finally here.....

*********
First I would like to point out that everything above was written prior to reading the book. Now here is my thoughts...... AAAAAHHHH!!!! Oh my cheez whiz!!! It was up, it was down, it may have even been sideways at some point but all I can say is, once again Showalter did not disappoint. I have one major complaint and it is a doozey. THE CLIFFHANGER! It has me on the verge of a complete and total meltdown. I knew it was coming, I had known before I opened the book because it is the Showalter way. But..... OK breathe, Selena.

Aden, while not my favorite character was great in this book. I feel so deeply for him on an emotional level. However, if it weren't for the souls, I almost feel as if he is without a personality of his own. The souls, love them. Victoria, the jury is still out, her most redeeming quality is the unconditional love she has for Aden. Mary Ann, I relate to more than anyone, she is always looking out for everyone while never thinking about herself. And then there is Riley *sigh* I find myself longing for evey chapter to be about him. There has not been a more perfect combo of errogant, sarcastic, bad boy, kind hearted, hard loving guy since Jace Wayland-Herondale-Lightwood. ;) This entire series is awesome. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment