Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready (Review)

Stars

In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.
Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.
As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves…even if that means betraying her own heart.

Description from Amazon.com


My thoughts; As I sit here minutes after finishing Shine, I am still snot sobbing. Not because of the ending but because it ENDED. I wasn't ready, I will always long for just one more page.......


I sat down with Shine completely prepared. Comfy chair, check. Snuggly blanket, check. Box of tissues, check check!! I made it to the second page of chapter one before the tears set in. I was so proud of myself for holding out for so long. *grins*

This book picks up almost literally where Shift left off. Aura is still standing by the grave. I was glad that there was not a passing of time that we would have to catch up on. I was very upset for the first, almost half of the book. If I could have jumped in there I would have went all Rambo and taken care of the situation. But then everything is ok and the world is set right. And then it isn't anymore. And then it is December and Aura is finally going on the trip she had planned for her birthday and everything is AMAZING. And then, well you get the picture. I was so captured by these characters from the moment I picked up book one. I will forever and always hold them in my heart. If you have not read this series PLEASE I beg you, do it. This is one of those stories that I will come back to over and over and hope to one day pass down to my grandchildren so that this world that Jeri Smith-Ready created will live on forever. 


Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment