Thursday, May 3, 2012

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

5 Stars

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Goodreads.com description. Also on Amazon.com




My thoughts;  This book was AMAZING!!! Wow, I fell in love by chapter 2 and I was hooked. It literally kept me up all night. I could not put it down.

First, let me say I am a sucker for the bad boy, the tortured soul, if you will. Secondly, dimples are my weakness. So when Travis Maddox appeared I was done for. I immediately fell head over heels. Why?? Well first time Abby meets him it is at the edge of a fight ring and he had just splattered some guys blood all over her. Then it is the lunch room where he trys to talk to her and she is totally giving him the brush off. Is he phased NOPE! He constantly has girls hanging on his every movement. Abby makes a trip to his apartment with her best friend America, who is dating Travis' cousin/roomate, only to find Travis giving a brush off of his own to some random girl he has just... er....finished with. So at this point I am still asking myself, WHY? What is it about this boy? Well it is everything. He is sweet, loving, protective to the point of insanity. He falls head over hills for Abby and never looks back.

What about the girl you may ask. Abby is running. Running from her past, running from Travis, running from anything that could possibly break her heart. I understand her. Although there were times when I should have been so mad with the choice she was making, I couldn't be. I completely understood why she was making it. As much as Travis feels like he is not good enough for her, she is also feeling he deserves better than her. Abby and "Mare" head off to college together with the sole purpose of leaving her past behind. She wants to forget about everything she grew up with and Travis' is just that combination of wild and reckless to remind her of all of it. She was treated like a curse by her father so she spent most of her time growing up, with America and her parents. America makes a pact to go wherever Abby goes to college and to help her move on from her past. I only hope that friends as loyal as Mare, really do exist is this world. She is a wonderful person.

This book takes you on a roller coaster ride of epic proportions. No matter how they are feeling from moment to the next. Be it a fight or completely in love it is done with so much PASSION! I am so glad this book was recommended to me. Several others in my book club are currently reading and they are just as in love as I am. Give it a shot. You wont be disappointed.

Happy Reading!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the glitch in the text. I dont know what happened there

    ReplyDelete